FREE In-Store Tastings: Friday and Saturday, May 19th & 20th, 3-7pm
Friday, May 19th:
Ah… Le sud de la France
It’s summer vacation planning time. And, over here at City Wine, we’ve been drifting into travel daydreams. We’ve been imagining relaxing with a vue mer (sea view) over the magnificent blue waters of the Mediterranean and savoring meal after meal adorned with the flavors of pistou and tapenade. So, there’s only one thing to do; taste some transportive wines from the south of France. Pack your bags for this Friday!
- Moulin de Gassac, “Guilhem” White, Pays d’Hérault IGP, France
- Domaine des Blaïs, Côtes de Provence Rose, France
- Domaine de Fontsainte, Corbières, France
- Domaine d’Albas, Minervois, France
Saturday, May 20th:
To Drink or NOt to Drink....the wines of Valpolicella!
North of the Italian city of Verona, where star crossed lover's Romeo and Juliet faced their tragically romantic fate, one finds the rolling volcanic hills that make up the iconic Valpolicella wine region. When done well, this region's red wines pay tribute to both the lightness of spirit and the concentrated depths of the soul that crash head on to form the complexities of human passion. Yeah, Shakespeare chose the setting for a reason! This Saturday, after a little sparkling aperitíf, we'll take you on a journey straight to the heart of three traditional styles of Valpolicella too see what's hiding in these beautiful wines. Come have a taste this Saturday because the answer is clearly "to drink!"
- Col Solivo, Prosecco Extra Dry
- Brigaldara, Valpolicella Classico
- Begali, La Cengia, Valpolicella Ripasso
- Brigaldara, Amarone della Valpolicella Classico